At about 9 months my baby entered the wonderful world of finger foods and never looked back. I feed her a wide variety of foods. A new favorite lunch-time meal (now 11 months) of her's is a Sweet Squash Quesadilla; melted cheddar cheese, shredded sweet potato, and yellow squash sandwiched between two white corn tortillas. This is a yummy treat for your little one, and for you as well.
* Shredded Cheddar Cheese
* Grated Sweet Potato
* Grated or Cut Up Yellow Squash
* 2 White Corn Tortillas
****cut up or grated zucchini goes well in this yummy lunch-time treat as well****
1. Heat a pan over low heat.
2. Lightly spray the pan with cooking spray.
3. Mix cheese, sweet potato, and squash together.
4. Place one tortilla in the center of the heated pan.
5. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over tortilla.
6. Once the cheese starts to melt a bit, place another tortilla on top.
7. Flip quesadilla.
8. Let cook for a few minutes, then remove from pan.
9. Cut into small bites, then serve when warm, not hot.
This dish is yummy when made with mozzarella cheese too!